Doing things differently, crafting a unique process, synchronicity and courage.
1995 - 2000
- Lisa Irving founded Eventful Management in 1995. Her vision was to do conferences differently - to build a company based on heart and soul.
- In 1996 Chris Carroll joined as a partner and we acquired Mainstream, a Maintenance Engineering event with a customer base from industrial Australia - Mining, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Listening to their ideas about industry trends and discussing their needs, we found many needed help in NZ so we took Mainstream to Auckland.
- We listened some more and discovered most customers were implementing ERP software - particularly SAP - which lead to our “Mastering SAP Plant Maintenance” conference.
2000 - 2005
- Steven Morris joined as head of Research and Production.
- By speaking with customers we developed our unique 16 week ‘research cycle’ which resulted in substantially larger conferences than the industry norm.
- Our research helped to create our second Enterprise Technology event, “Mastering Supply Chain Management with SAP”.
- By 2005 we had doubled our team and offered our communities eight new conference brands.
2005 - 2010
- Steve Sinkoff started his New York based Eventure Events with a similar ethos to Eventful Management.
- A trans pacific joint venture between Eventure and Eventful lead to the creation of SAP-Centric EAM in Arizona in 2005.
- Greg Healy joined Eventful as CEO.
- Enduring the global economic downturn, both companies bucked the trend with three new brands offered in Australia and one in the US.
- June 2010 saw Eventure and Eventful become one company, with one strategy.
- Eventful Africa was opened in Cape Town to cater to the expanding African market.
2010 - 2015
- In one year Eventful Africa contributed 10% of the Group’s global revenue, demonstrating the opportunity for our model to flourish in emerging markets.
- Eventful wins “Best Asia Pacific Conference” at the London Conference Awards and “Best Production Team” at the Asian Conference Awards
- Eventful Asia opens its doors in Singapore.